1. The International
Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation
of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and 186 member Red
Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
2. It is the birthday of Henry Dunant, the founder of the
3. Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary
service, unity and universality.
4. The International Committee for the Relief of the Wounded.
Its objective was to consider how it could offer medical
services to armies in battle.
5. There are 33 Red Crescent
6. 150 years since the battle of Solferino (which prompted
the founding of the Movement), 90 years since the establishment
of the forerunner to the International Federation, and 60
years of the Geneva Conventions.
7. Our world. Your move.
8. It lists German prisoners transferred to the United States.
9. Permanent observer.
10. The Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
follows the principle of neutrality and never takes part